Monday, January 14, 2013

Elle Decor Trend Alert: Quilted Everything

I have a slight addition to my Elle Decor subscription.  I read it more than I read Elle (though, admittedly, I may rely  a little too heavily and frequently on online sources for both fashion and gossip).  During my hiatus from stuff, I viewed each issue in a different light - mostly critiquing their intentionally askew and overpacked bookshelves. Having detoxed sufficiently this month, I returned to the January/February issue ready for design inspiration.  

The magazine's full page spread (see online slideshow here: http://www.elledecor.com/design-decorate/trends/quilted-design-2013-design-trend#slide-1) featured many unexpected incarnations of quilting. What both the print and online "Tastemakers" supplement failed to find was the most unexpected and ubiquitous quilted object this winter season - the Starbucks holiday mug.

I bought the mug intending to hold it with the impressed logo hidden.  I would have paid them extra to have a simple quilted white mug, sans branding. I had to have it.  It was the one item I could provide to nosy relatives about my Christmas list.

I love white china.  I love quilting and the feelings of coziness and warmth it evokes while still maintaining a rigid, clean pattern.  I have a (not so) slight caffeine problem. 

-
-
-

Meet my new office mate:

Image from Starbucks.  Sold out. 


Perhaps I hoped this issue would show me the error of my stuff-averting ways with a packed issue of beautiful spaces.  Instead of perking me up, it left me craving a latte.  


No comments:

Post a Comment